It’s barely July but I’m starting my back-to-school TO DO list. So much to do; so little time.
- Write welcome and expectations letter.
- Create a chart on ‘essential academic vocabulary’ for students to track their understanding and success.
- Create a template for 6 point visual chart (similar to a comic strip, but each frame must convey the specific plot elements and combined they must tell the entire story).
- Create a poster, sign, or anchor chart on ‘mental moves’: Look Closely ; Select Details ; Find Patterns ; Infer ; Draw Conclusions.
- Gather paint swatches from paint or home improvement store for first week activity!
- Create a Homework Chart!
- Refine ‘Student Tracking Mastery’ sheet. This will be housed in student classroom portfolios and is used at the end of each grading period. Students track their mastery of our standards based on the common assessment scores.
- Create a ‘Living Bulletin Board’, which means a bulletin board that we’re continually adding to. It’s ever-evolving rather than stagnant. I’m not sure what I’ll create, but I’ll post it here once I figure it out!
- Organize and sort shared classroom materials and establish a place in the classroom for them.
I’ll be adding to this list as I think of all the things I haven’t thought of yet! What’s on your TO DO List?